Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nice... Running TFS 2012 on my home server

At the office we're using TFS 2012 and I'm starting to like it. Coming from TeamCityJIRA with GreenHopper and Subversion Edge, it took me a little time getting used to it. Since our office upgraded to TFS 2012 some colleagues came up to me with stories like 'did you know that in tfs2012 you can do so and so ...' and in my mind I thought 'so ... you're saying it wasn't available before?'. In a lot of ways TFS still has a long way to go and I'm sceptical it will ever reach the JIRA or GreenHopper level, but it is a pretty decent tool that I'm delighted to work with.

Burndowns, issue drag&dropping, those are some examples of stories everyone's excited about, that I had been using for more than 2 years in JIRA.

Anyway - I've got it running on my HP DL380 now:
Administrative tasks for the TFS environment are done using the TFS Administrative application on the server itself:


But most of the other stuff can be administrated using the web-interface:



So, I'm all set now to get started!





No comments:

Post a Comment